I have been unable to participate for quite a while, but now that special projects are done I am getting back to it again.
Booking Through Thursday this week:
But enough about interviewing other people. It’s time I interviewed YOU.
1. What’s your favorite time of day to read?
Anytime I have a few minutes, mostly during lunch breaks at work, or out on the patio with a good cigar and a glass of scotch in the evening.
2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.)
Yes. The local newspaper if it is there before I leave, something on my Kindle Touch otherwise.
3. What’s your favorite breakfast food? (Noting that breakfast foods can be eaten any time of day.)
Eggs, homefries, buttered rye toast with any jelly except grape. Just ask the waitresses at the local bagel joint.
4. How many hours a day would you say you read?
Two or three most days.
5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?
Somewhat less, now that I work. I also am president of a computer user group, their monthly newsletter, and moderate a special interest group.
6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader?
I don’t know about being a speed reader, but the more involved I get with what I am reading the faster it goes.
7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Slowing time down, while I still function quickly, so I can get everything I want done.
8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?
Now that I have my Kindle Touch, I carry many books all the time. I usually have a library book, or a paperback picked up at a yard sale in reserve, because you never know.
9. What KIND of book?
Just about anything except for Romance.
10. How old were you when you got your first library card?
That is a long time ago, but I would say when I started second or third grade.
11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?)
I do not keep books in a collection, as I only read them once and move on to something else.
12. Do you read in bed?
No. I can never get comfortable without falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. In fact, my granddaughter says: Poppy! You can sleep anywhere, anytime.
13. Do you write in your books?
No. Let the next person form their own opinion.
14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be?
Get involved with what you are reading, so that nothing going on around you will distract you from a good read.